We help customer service people focus on tasks that require life experience by enabling companies to quickly and easily teach, deploy, and maintain human-directed AI to instant messaging on live chat platforms. Our platform enhances customer satisfaction, drives new sales, and reduces customer service overhead. We have already provided solutions to happy customer companies such as If Insurance, Mehiläinen, Slush, and Memira. GetJenny serves customers in Finland, Sweden, Italy, and the United Arab Emirates. Read more about GetJennys’s reference stories here.
GetJenny: DevOps Engineer
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Start date: Negotiable, as soon as possible
Location: Turin, Italy or Helsinki, Finland
For GetJenny the past year has been a year of growth both in business and technology. We are now looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us to deploy and maintain our systems and services to serve the growing customer base.
As DevOps you enable our business. This means we have a steady, scalable infrastructure, monitoring to follow its health and alarms alerting and allowing us to fix any issue ideally before it impacts our customers.
Your main responsibilities include deploying product updates, monitoring our infrastructure, identifying and preventing production issues. Your goal should be to ensure we execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
As DevOps you choose and set up tools for making upgrades and changes as easy and safe as
possible through automation.
Your main goals and tasks include:
- Reduce the time it takes to deploy a software release and consequently reduce the downtime due to maintenance interventions
- Propose tests and set up tools to make sure they are always up
- GetJenny infrastructure maintenance
Monitoring of the services: defining alarms, goals and related metrics to measure the status of the services
- Enable the whole infrastructure topology (or part of it) to be deployed/tested/run off-site, on demand
Making sure we have the metrics to go to bed every night knowing the probability of being called is close to zero, but knowing that if something goes wrong we will be alerted before the customer knows it.
In particular, the following aspects of the software lifecycle must be addressed:
- Choice and set up tools for making upgrades and changes as easy and safe as possible through automation
- Maintenance deployment e.g. changes on the hardware infrastructure or the software architecture
- Software update: new versions of the software
Who are we looking for?
You might be our girl or guy if you can identify and feel comfortable with the below requirements:
- Experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
- Hands-on experience with databases SQL/NoSQL, in particular PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Proficiency with at least a programming language, experience with Scala and Sbt is a plus.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Azure and AWS services
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Fluency in English, other languages seen as beneficial (we speak Finnish, English, Italian, Russian and Swedish)
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
Benefits for you:
- Opportunity to jump along in a fast growing and internationalizing technology startup
- Permanent position with flexible working hours
- Freedom to genuinely contribute to your role and get more responsibility
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you? Apply and tell us why you’d be the right match as described and brilliant addition to GetJenny’s team. Please note that we will go through applications during the application period, so be ready for quick moves.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org